Thursday, March 14, 2013

Narrative Digital Collage

My collage depicts my viewpoint on today's society. I personally feel as if humanity is corrupt beyond repair and the only actions taking place are because of selfish motives. These motives and actions dry out the earth literally, as shown in the desert setting with a Joshua tree and a dried up riverbed. The centerpiece of the collage is an image of Baphomet, a deity often perceived as a figure of occultism and Satanism. Baphomet's head is replaced with an image of Benjamin Franklin's face as shown on a $100 bill. On the sides of Baphomet are two figures dressed in a suit and hat bowing to him. This shows how humanity has grown to the point where the only thing worth worshiping and praising is money. The burning American flag also shows how so far we've gone as society to reject any previous ideals in favor for profitable ideals. I placed clouds in the sky as a "glimmer of hope." The clouds can produce rain which can also enrich the earth which has been dried up through corruption and selfish motives.
In other words, I feel as if no matter how prevalent these selfish ideas and actions are in our lives, there is always a glimmer of hope that things can go back to the way things once were.

This is me, this is how I see the world nowadays.

No comments:

Post a Comment